Our floating alcove shelving is a simple and elegant way to utilise alcove spaces and create storage and display space. Supplied with our standard main rear wall fixings plus additional fixings (also concealed) to the side-walls to achieve super strong floating alcove shelves, easily able to carry fully loaded with books, and more. This is a bespoke product, each shelf is supplied cut-to-size to fit your alcoves’ unique angles and dimensions. Take advantage of our pre-sale Alcove Advice Service & Installation Video — just complete the Alcove Measurement Form and we will email back our suggestion for best cutting widths. If you are stuck for alcove ideas, you’ll love our stylish alcove space saving solutions — browse our photo gallery for ideas and inspiration!
Order online or get in touch for bespoke alcove shelving solutions. All of our alcove floating shelves are practical to install and are supplied with full step-by-step Userview® Approved Instructions — along with fixing packs to suit a wide range of wall surfaces, including solid and plasterboard on wooden stud or plasterboard on dryline/dot & dab walls.
Our Alcove Shelves are available in both rounded and straight edge finishes.
Examples of our Alcove Shelves:
The Shelfbar® system – solid, premium grade MDF floating shelves, supplied ready for installation and painting. For best results, all painting is completed after installation to achieve the best fully, fitted finish in whatever colour blend/contrast you wish.
All Alcove kits include full step-by-step Userview® Approved instructions and fixing pack — including screws and wall plugs suitable for solid and plasterboard walls.
- Rear wall + 2 x side-wall fixings (all fixing points concealed within shelves)
When Assessing the Best Cutting Width:
- Remember to allow for a small gap (suggest min 2mm) at each shelf edge — this gap will vary/increase depending on alcove angles
- Most customers install without the need for further cutting on site however if preferred/required up to 5mm (more towards shelf rear) can be trimmed onsite without damaging side-wall fixings
OPTION: take advantage of our Alcove Advice Service & Installation Video which will help assess best cutting widths to suit your alcove angles — there is no additional charge for this service, please go to Alcove Advice Service and Installation Video
- FREE additional Assembly Pack including an 8mm pro grade drill bit
- FREE sanding pad for quick smoothing shelf edges between coats.
- FREE UK mainland (ex Highlands) P & P for all orders over £45 (excl VAT).
What You Will Need:
- Tape measure
- Spirit level
- Electric power drill
- Crosshead screwdriver
- Rubber/wooden mallet (OR a hammer plus scrap wood)
- Masking tape
- Decorator’s caulk / flexible filler
- Paint supplies (see FAQ “What’s the best way to paint the shelves?“).